Indulge your sweet tooth with this divinely light and creamy delight
Cooking Time: 40 mins Serves: 4
For the Panna Cotta
3 leaves gelatine, 450ml double cream, 200ml whole milk, 100g white caster sugar, 1 vanilla pod
For the passion fruit compote
400g passion fruit, hulled andhalved, or quartered if very large 1½ tsp cornflour50g white caster sugar
1. For the panna cotta, put the gelatine leaves in a small bowl of cold water to soften – this will take about five minutes.
2. Meanwhile, pour the cream, milk and sugar into a pan, split the vanilla pod, scrape out the seeds and add, along with the pod, to the cream mixture. Heat gently until hot, but not bubbling.
3. Add the gelatine. Stir well until dissolved.
4. Leave to stand for 20-30 minutes until cooled – the vanilla pods should be suspended in the liquid by this point.
5. Strain the mixture through a sieve into four serving glasses, then chill for at least three hours.
6. Toss the strawberries and passion fruit with the cornflour and sugar in a saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook for four-five minutes, until the released juices thicken and the passion fruit softens.
7. Set aside to cool and then refrigerate. 8. Serve the chilled panna cotta along with fruit compote.